Tuesday 27 November 2012

How Twitter is useful for finding a job




If someone were to ask how you network, you might say meetings, conferences, LinkedIn and other professional social networking sites. However, I believe Twitter is vastly useful and currently not being utilised to develop relationships between brand and customer but also between professionals.

The rising trend of brands turning to social and also Twitter, emphasises the growing need for businesses to be using this share media space. However, this mass collection of people also opens up the opportunity to meet like-minded individuals to collaborate with.
Just today I was approached with a business opportunity to apply for a job. In the past I have obtained work placements through this social network and I also have friends who have found jobs soon after graduation just through the use of Twitter.

Work aside, I have found others who share my interests in marketing and learning more about digital. On the back of this, I have attended the TFM&A Exhibition in London, joined smaller niche networks, gained two positions in very credible entrepreneurial societies and created a somewhat trending hashtag to find a placement.

These are just a few of my interactions showing an insight into what I have achieved through Twitter so far and its potential for a tool to network. I believe more and more people will adopt this tool in the future and I won’t be surprised if the number of job roles being assigned to applicants through this medium increases.

Have you ever been offered a job through Twitter? Have you found it useful? Or do you think its a waste of time for jobs? Please tell me know on well Twitter @nickwilliamgale

No comments:

Post a Comment